Monday, May 4, 2009

Adrenaline Junkies

Howdy Y'all

Here is one for ya its just some random thoughts.
I am a adrenaline junkie and have been all my life, if there isn't a fear factor then it wasn't appealing to me. We all know someone that is this way,the crazy friend. You know that guy or girl that will try anything once or twice (if they survive the first try ....lol) .

I rode motor cycles for years and been close to 200mph on a public road , bungee jumped, rodeo bulls for yrs and was a rodeo clown/bullfighter. When I was little I wanted to be a movie stunt man something about that made my blood boil and I had to try it. When I was in high school, I took the pole vaulting mats and stacked them up behind the football field bleachers. Then I climbed on top of the announcers box at the top of the bleachers. Then I climbed on top of there stood there for a second or 2, then took 2 steps and dove off. While falling through the air I rolled slightly and landed in the center of the mats. As I hit I felt the air get pushed out of my lungs in a gust, as I lay there not able to breathe and moaning. That was so" awesome "was running through my mind. It was running my mind because I couldn't talk, hell I couldn't even breathe.....lol. That was 20 yrs ago and I think back ,how stupid I was. When I was fighting bulls in the rodeo I would let a bull hit me and through the air just for fun, so the crowd would get a show and to get them to scream. I would feed off of the crowd and their reaction of it. When I was really young I would wreck my bicycle, on purpose just to do it and I thought that it was fun. When I was in high school my buddies and I would go to the old lime stone quarries about 20 miles to the south of us and i would jump off of the highest part, this one in particular was used in the movie form the late 70's called "Breaking Away" staring Dennis Quaid. More than once I would through caution to the wind and bale off of this 97 foot cliff.

But now that I am older I set back and feel everything, and all the punishment I put my body through. Especially when I get out of bed in the morning....lol. I would not trade that feelings I had and the fun I had for anything. I have had around 18 broken bones some of them more than once, fingers, ribs,ankle,wrist and arms. the worst was broken vertebrae in my neck in 1992.

But now that I am older, I love the stories I can share with people, about how much fun I had .
People look at me a lil different than most and I like that because I dont wanna like everyone else I love being me. Just a lil bit off center. I take a lil different road than most. I can say my life is not boring ....lol. And I dont wanna be boring I just wanna be me.

talk to y'all later


remember just be yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment