Thursday, May 7, 2009

Road Side Roses

Howdy Y'all,

I wanted to start out and ask a question. Ladies would you rather have flowers from a florist or just because he was thinking of you and picked them from the side of the road? Think about it. I am the type of man that loves to give little gifts for no reason at all. I will give a card, a little note or just pick some wild flowers on the way home from work just to show her how much I love her. I do that because , I hope it makes her day a little better or just to make her smile. part of it is to let her know that I was thinking about her.

These type of flowers I call road side roses. They are not roses but they carry the same meaning, Love, caring, romance, and how much she means to me. Most people who know me say I am a hopeless romantic, and I believe they are right. I will do what I can do to make her feel special.

I was married for 12 years, then I got divorced, and we both took love for granted. neither one of us showed each other that we loved nor cared. Over time with no romance in our lives it takes a tole on each other and our feelings. About 8 years into my marriage I got the idea to start being more romantic and by this time it was too late. By this time when I would do something romantic or caring to show how much I loved her. She would look at me and say what are you feeling guilty about this time, what did you do this time. It went on this way for the next 2 years until we separated and eventually divorced. After that I vowed that if I ever found a woman to fall in love with I would show her that I love her and think about her always. That she would always know that.

Now that I have my girlfriend and I can prove to her how much I am in love with her. She told me that she has never had anyone do that for her. Give her cards, little love notes on her pillow, or road side roses. Don't get me wrong I will go to the florist and get real roses for her. I even go as far as sending her text message in the morning to tell her that I love her and wish her a good day, or let her know that I cant wait to see her.

So ladies if you boyfriends, husbands, or fiance's start doing this don't question it just go with it and enjoy the love he is showing you. But guys if you start to do this because you have screwed up then don't start. It gives us men who love our ladies a bad rap.

In closing no matter if its road side roses or just a little note that shows you love her then cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment